Quiz 1: Basic GK for All Exams (updated)
Watch Video Here
- 1. What was Hypersonic Flight Experiment (HEX)?
- 2. Jatropha curcas is native to which region?
- 3. What was Brundtland Commission Report?
- 4. What were main recommendations of the Simon Commission?
- 5. What is composition of vinegar?
- 6. Who erected a monastery stupa at Peshawar ?
- 7. Coastal Bank, India’s first local Area Bank, operates in which state?
- 8. What is White Leghorn?
1. What was Hypersonic Flight Experiment (HEX)?
The Hypersonic Flight Experiment, or HEX, was the first test-flight in the RLV Technology Demonstration Programme. The RLV-TD vehicle was launched from the first launchpad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre on 23 May 2016.
2. Jatropha curcas is native to which region?
Jatropha curcas (other names physic nut, Barbados nut, poison nut, bubble bush or purging nut) is a native of Mexico and Central America and is considered invasive species in many parts of the world. It is a source of biofuel.
3. What was Brundtland Commission Report?
Brundtland Commission was named after Gro Harlem Brundtland, the former Prime Minister of Norway. This commission, formally known as World Commission on Environment and Development (WCED) was established by UN in 1983. It had released its report called Brundtland Report in 1987. This report popularized the term Sustainable Development.
4. What were main recommendations of the Simon Commission?
In the Government of India Act 1919, it was laid down that after a period of about 10 years, a commission would arrive in India to find out how far the reforms introduced by the act of 1919 were successful and what new reforms it needed. The Simon commission had no non-white members and this was the major reason that it was opposed. It made all the recommendations for abolition of Diarchy and introduction of complete provincial autonomy. However, Simon Commission did not propose any change in Central structure.
5. What is composition of vinegar?
5-8% solution of acetic acid in water is called vinegar and is used widely as a preservative in pickles
6. Who erected a monastery stupa at Peshawar ?
The Kanishka stupa was a monumental stupa established by the Kushan king Kanishka during the 2nd century CE in today’s Shaji-ki-Dheri on the outskirts of Peshawar, Pakistan. The stupa was built during the Kushan era to house Buddhist relics.
7. Coastal Bank, India’s first local Area Bank, operates in which state?
Coastal Bank operates in one of the most prosperous regions of India; the five districts of Krishna, Guntur, West Godavari, East Godavari and Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh. The Bank has 50 branches in these five districts with the Corporate Office in Vijayawada.
8. What is White Leghorn?
The Leghorn is a breed of chicken originating in Tuscany, in central Italy. Birds were first exported to North America in 1828 from the port city of Livorno, on the western coast of Tuscany. They were initially called “Italians”, but by 1865 the breed was known as “Leghorn”.
Category: General Knowledge (GK) Questions - 2020
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|