Women Empowerment is the need of the hour. Discuss the steps to be adopted in India for ensuring better opportunities and growth for Women.
Man andï¿½womenï¿½are one of the major components of society. Since the formation of the society, there has beenï¿½discriminationï¿½on how society looks on both the genders.ï¿½The essential factors for empowerment areï¿½self-confidence, exposure and independence. Theï¿½empowerment and the improvement of their political, social, economic and health status is a highly important issue in itself.
Measures to be adopted:
- Strong political participation of women
- Ensure protection of Women rights
- Reverse the massive drop in womenï¿½s work-participation
- Physical safety and security
- Womenï¿½s fundamental and constitutional right to dignity and security
- Bridging the gender gap in work-participation
- Building home-toilets
- Women participation in education system
The situation of women has improved up to a certain level in the country as compared to earlier. For the first time ever,ï¿½a critical-half of voters constituted women. The 17thï¿½Lok Sabha has the highest tally of women since Independence. Women participation in higher education is increasing.
Womenï¿½s rights need to be examined in an elaborate manner. It requires holistic and interconnected efforts from all the stakeholders involved. All the issue should be tackled with efficient implementation before deadlines.
Published: June 24, 2019 | Modified:December 1, 2019