2018-CGS-7 [February 3, 2018]
- Hindi as Official Language of UN
- Indian Science Congress
- LIGO experiment and LIGO-India
- Scrapping Section 345(5) of CrCP
- Differentiated Passports
- India-ASEAN Relations and Recent Summit
- Key Issues around Stubble Management
- Defence Procurement / Acquisition Regulator
Questions & Answers
- Discuss the failures of SAARC towards nurturing the cooperation in South Asia. Can BIMSTEC be seen as a viable alternative to SAARC? Examine.
- An effective and robust cooperation between India and ASEAN will aid in realizing the dream of 21st century Asia. Elucidate the significance of ASEAN for India from economic, geo-political and security perspectives.
- “India has lagged far behind China in its engagement in Africa.” Do you agree with this view? Give arguments while drawing a comparison between their engagements in Africa.
- “As India aims to transform itself as a global power in 21st century, due attention must be diverted towards Latin America.” Critically examine.
- What is the significance of Gulf region for India, particularly for energy and security related concerns? Discuss.
- With reference to children’s learning outcomes, how the ASER survey and National Achievement Survey (NAS) are different from each other? Critically comment on the quality of education in the light of these survey findings.
- What are the respective obligations of the partner countries taking membership of Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), Wassennar Arrangement and Australia Group? Explain while commenting on significance of India’s partnership in these regimes.
- Explain the constitutional provision of “ordinarily resident” for voting while critically analyzing the the arguments against allowing proxy voting for NRIs.
- Critically discuss the significance of the Economic Survey findings on sex ratio of the last child (SRLC) and so called “son meta preference” and “unwanted girls” in India.
- A significant trend in recent years seen in India is that while large manufacturing companies are shifting in rural areas, the smaller ones are clustering in urban areas. Critically discuss the reasons and consequences of such trend.
- What are the criteria of ranking countries in the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Democracy Index? Critically discuss India’s rank in the recent released Global Democracy Index.
- Bring out the key differences between India’s Aadhaar and Social Security Number (SSN) of United States while examining the role of former in better implantation of government schemes for vulnerable sections of society.
- Explain the grounds and process of removal of judges of higher judiciary in India. Do you agree with the view that this process is too cumbersome to really remove improper judges from office? Critically discuss.
- Why the mechanism of ad-hoc tribunals to adjudicate the dispute between the riparian states has failed to realize its objectives? Can this mechanism be replaced with mediations? Give reasoned opinion.
- Artificial Intelligence has the ability to remold the environment of the world in 21st century. Enumerate potential applications of Artificial Intelligence in Banking & Finance, Public Health, Governance and Education. Can AI be a threat to humanity also? Opine.
- One of the aims of the governance is to ensure that the activities of an organization are run in an efficient manner to attain its predesigned objectives. To what extent, Big Data can be helpful in this direction? With suitable examples, discuss its importance in private as well as public sector.
- Define gravitational waves. What are the tangible benefits of detecting and studying the gravitational waves? Explain.
- With increasing turbulence in global geopolitics, it is perceived that the wars in 21st century would be fought in Cyberweapons equipped with artificial intelligence. How realistic is this perception? Discuss the nature and threat of such weapons.
- How the extremely high length-to-diameter ratio of Carbon Nanotubes makes them special material? Assess their potential applications in public health sector.
- To what extent, the IPR policy of India is able to strike a balance between protection of interests of humanity in large, boosting innovation and upholding the Intellectual Property Rights? Critically discuss.
- To what extent, the symbiotic relation between relatively isolated indigenous people and their environment has been affected due to climate change? Analyze citing reasons with suitable examples.
- Despite proper implementation to providing access to clean cooking fuel, the Ujjwala Yojana seems to have hit a roadblock on question of affordability. Examine this issue while making an assessment of feasibility of further expansion of this programme.
- How the urban waste contributes to global warming? Discuss how the efficient management of urban solid waste can reduce the GHG accumulation.
- Economic survey of 2018 brings out a severe crisis in India due to investment slowdown. How this affects Indian Economy? Analyze.
- Discuss the Rohingyas Crisis as a challenge to India’s internal security. Can India remain isolated from the issue of Rohingyas? Explain while suggesting role that should be played by India to address this crisis.
Note:The Dynamic PDF compilation of above reference articles and questions & their answers can be downloaded by clicking the download button given below.