GKToday Archives: January, 2022
1. The ‘Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM), which was recently flight-tested, was developed in which country? [A] France[B] USA[C] India[D] Israel Show Answer Correct Answer: C [India] Notes:The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested the Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM). The Missile is an indigenously developed, low weight missile developed by DRDO ..
1. Darvaza gas crater, also known as the ‘Gateway to Hell’, is located in which country? [A] USA[B] Russia[C] Indonesia[D] Turkmenistan Show Answer Correct Answer: D [Turkmenistan] Notes:Turkmenistan President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov has ordered experts to find a method to extinguish a fire in the Darvaza gas crater. Also known as the ‘Gateway to Hell’, it ..
1. Bharath Subramaniyam, who was seen in the news, is associated with which sports? [A] Tennis[B] Chess[C] Table-Tennis[D] Weightlifting Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Chess] Notes:Fourteen-year-old Bharath Subramaniyam became India’s 73rd chess Grandmaster, after he secured the third and final GM norm at an event in Italy. He also touched the requisite 2,500 (Elo) mark. ..
1. India’s first Mobile Honey Processing Van was launched in which state? [A] Uttar Pradesh[B] Gujarat[C] Karnataka[D] Kerala Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Uttar Pradesh] Notes:India’s first Mobile Honey Processing Van was launched at Village Sirora in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. It was inaugurated by the Chairman of KVIC, Vinai Kumar Saxena. The Mobile Van has ..
1. The Special Protection Group Act, 1988 was passed to provide security to………. [A] Nuclear Power Plants[B] Prime Minister and former Prime Ministers[C] India’s land borders[D] India’s water borders Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Prime Minister and former Prime Ministers] Notes:The Special Protection Group Act, 1988 was passed by the parliament after the assassination of ..