GKToday Archives: January, 2017
1. Who has won the 2017 Men’s singles Australian Open tennis tournament? [A]Roger Federer [B]Rafael Nadal [C]Andy Murray [D]Novak Djokovic Answer: Roger FedererNotes: The Swiss professional tennis player, Roger Federer has won his 18th Grand Slam trophy by winning the 2017 Men’s singles Australian Open tennis tournament in Melbourne by defeating Rafael Nadal of Spain ..
1. Who is the newly appointed Governor of Arunachal Pradesh? [A]Banwarilal Purohit [B]Vishwanath Shetty [C]PB Acharya [D]Krishan Kant Paul Answer: PB AcharyaNotes: Recently President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted the resignation of V. Shanmuganathan as Governor of Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh, against whom allegations of seriously compromising the dignity of the gubernatorial office were leveled. Afterwards, ..
1. “Dulari Kanya” scheme has been launched by which state government to check infant mortality? [A]Arunachal Pradesh [B]Himachal Pradesh [C]Madhya Pradesh [D]Andhra Pradesh Answer: Arunachal PradeshNotes: The Arunachal Pradesh government has launched a special scheme “Dulari Kanya” to check infant mortality in the state on the occasion of the 68th Republic Day on January 26, ..
1. Alexander Kadakin, who passed away recently, was the ambassador of which country to India? [A]Brazil [B]Russia [C]Indonesia [D]Singapore Answer: RussiaNotes: Alexander Kadakin, who recently passed away in New Delhi on 26th January 2017, was a Russian diplomat and the Russian Ambassador to India from 2009 until his death in 2017.He was the longest-serving Russian ..
1. What is the theme of the 2017 National Voters Day (NVD)? [A]Empowering young and future events [B]Inclusive and qualitative participation [C]Easy Registration, Easy Correction [D]Ethical Voting Answer: Empowering young and future eventsNotes: The Election Commission of India (ECI) has celebrated the 7th National Voters’ Day (NVD) on January 25, 2017 across country with the ..