Page-3 of GKToday Archives: February, 2016
1. India’s first disabled-friendly beach will come up in which state? [A]Maharashtra [B]Kerala [C]Gujarat [D]Tamil Nadu Answer: GujaratNotes: India’s first disable friendly beach will come up at the Tithal beach in Valsad district, Gujarat. It aims to provide better facilities to the disable peoples at the public places like hospitals, parks, movie theatres, etc. The ..
1. What is India’s position in milk production in the world? [A]1st [B]2nd [C]3rd [D]4th Answer: 1stNotes: According to the recent data, India is the major producer of milk in the world, recorded a milk production figure of 146.31 million tonnes in 2014-15 as compared to 137.7 million tonnes a year ago. India is followed ..
1. What is the name of the genetically-modified (GM) mustard developed in India? [A]BMH-11 [B]BMH-21 [C]DMH-11 [D]DMH-21 Answer: DMH-11Notes: A research team led by Deepak Pental at Centre for Genetic Manipulation of Crop Plants of Delhi University have developed a GM Mustard known as DMH-11. Recently, the Genetic Engineering Appraisal Committee (GEAC) has asked for ..
1. Which of the following projects has been launched for prevention of AIDS in the eight North-Eastern states? [A]Project ARISE [B]Project Sunrise [C]Project Faith [D]Project SHARP Answer: Project SunriseNotes: The Union government has launched a new initiative “Project Sunrise” to tackle the increasing HIV prevalence in the North-Eastern states. The project is a five-year programme ..
1. The Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL) is located in which state? [A]West Bengal [B]Meghalaya [C]Assam [D]Arunachal Pradesh Answer: AssamNotes: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has recently dedicated the Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL), a petrochemical complex, at Lepetkata, near Dibrugarh, Assam. The BCPL is the first ever petro-chemical plant located in the ..