Page-2 of GKToday Archives: February, 2016
1. Who has become the first ever lyricist to enter the Guinness Book of World Records? [A]Gulzar [B]Javed Akhtar [C]Sameer Anjaan [D]Anand Bakshi Answer: Sameer AnjaanNotes: The well-known Indian lyricist Sameer Anjaan has been officially recognised by Guinness Books of World Records for composing the 3,524 songs for 650 Bollywood movies, as verified on December ..
1. The Medaram tribal festival is celebrated in which state of India? [A]West Bengal [B]Kerala [C]Telangana [D]Tamil Nadu Answer: TelanganaNotes: The Medaram Jatara is a sacred tribal festival is celebrated in honouring the goddesses in Medaram village in Tadvai Mandal in Warangal district, Telangana. The four day fair, also known as Sammakka Saralamma Jatara, is ..
Question Category: Current Affairs
1. Which of the following country has decided to sell nuclear-capable F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan? [A]United States [B]United Kingdom [C]China [D]France Answer: United StatesNotes: Recently, the United States has decided to sell eight nuclear-capable F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan. India expressed its disappointment with the US decision. 2. U K Sinha has been reappointed ..
1. Which city has been declared cleanest city in Swachh Sarvekshan survey 2016? [A]Mysuru [B]Chandigarh [C]Tiruchirapalli [D]Dhanbad Answer: MysuruNotes: Under the Swachh Sarvekshan 2016, 73 cities has been surveyed by the Quality Council of India on the basis of cleanliness and sanitation. Mysuru city from Karnataka has topped the list followed by Chandigarh, Tiruchirapalli, New ..
1. The World Radio Day is observed on which date? [A]February 13 [B]March 15 [C]April 15 [D]July 6 Answer: February 13Notes: The World Radio Day is observed every year on February 13 to educate people, to provide information and to promote freedom of expression across cultures. This year’s theme of the day is “Radio in ..