GKToday Archives: February, 2014
1. The Loktak lake, which is also called the only Floating lake in the world is in which state? [A]Punjab [B]Kerala [C]Haryana [D]Manipur Manipur 2. Sage Kotensburg, who won first gold medal at the Sochi winter Olympics, is a player in ___? [A]Alpine Skiing [B]Snowboard [C]Luge [D]Cross-country Snowboard Sage Kotsenburg is an American snowboarder. He ..
1. Shirley Temple, who passed away recently, was a popular___? [A]Singer [B]Child Artist [C]Author [D]Painter Child Artist Shirley Temple was an American film and television actress, singer, dancer and public servant, most famous as a child star in the 1930s. The curly-haired star made her acting debut at the age of three, going on to ..
1. Shiron Peres, who set a new Guinness world record by delivering the largest online civic class in the world, is currently president of which country? [A]Sweden [B]Israel [C]Denmark [D]Nigeria Israel Shiron Peres is president of Israel. He set a new Guinness world record by delivering the largest online civic class in the world. He ..
1. Which of the following countries will host 2018 Winter Olympics? [A]South Korea [B]Japan [C]Singapore [D]Netherland South Korea The 2018 Winter Olympics is scheduled to take place in Pyeongchang, South Korea, between 9 and 25 February 2018. 2. Recently, RBI has released a draft report on enabling PKI in payment system application. What does PKI ..
1. The Singhbhum Elephant Reserve, where government approved an iron ore mining project recently, is located in __? [A]Jharkhand [B]Odisha [C]West Bengal [D]Bihar JharkhandThe Singhbhum Elephant Reserve, the first Elephant reserve of the country. It was created in 2001 under the project Elephant. It is located in West Singbhum and Saraikela-Kharsawan district of Jharkhand. 2. ..