GKToday Archives: July, 2013
1. Who among the following has been elected as the 12th President of Pakistan? [A]Nawaz Sharif [B]Mamnoon Hussain [C]Raza Rabbani [D]Sikander Mirza Mamnoon Hussain India-born Pakistani businessman Mamnoon Hussain, was elected as the 12th President of Pakistan. Hussain is an old loyalist of Nawaz Sharif and remained in the PML-N during the regime of former ..
1. Recently (July 2013) , MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome), a new respiratory Virus related to SARS has killed many people in which country? [A]Saudi Arabia [B]Qatar [C]Oman [D]Yemen Saudi Arabia A new respiratory virus related to SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) has killed 39 people in Saudi Arabia. Scientist have named this respiratory virus ..
1. In which of the following countries, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has officially launched his Wikileaks political party? [A]Australia [B]USA [C]Russia [D]Canada Australia Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has formally launched the Australian Wikileaks Party and announced its federal election candidates. Assange has now officially declared his candidacy for a seat in the Australian candidate. Show ..
1. India’s first cashless treatment of road accident victims has been recently launched at which among the following highways / corridors? [A]Gurgaon-Jaipur [B]Bangalore-Chennai [C]Mumbai-Ahmadabad [D]Mumbai-Pune Gurgaon-Jaipur The Country’s first cashless treatment of road accident victims, which ensure free treatment in the first 48 hours, will be launched with the 200-km stretch from Gurgaon’s 32-lane toll ..
1. Which of the following port has been conferred the “Major Port of the Year” award? [A]Ennore Port [B]Chennai Port [C]Visakapatnam Port [D]Paradip Port Paradip Port Paradip port has been conferred the Major Port of the Year award in recognition of its excellent performance in 2012-13. In 2012-13 Paradip port handled a total 56.66 million ..