GKToday Archives: October, 2010
1. A village Porunthal came into the news as archeological excavations have established it one of the largest glass bead-manufacturing site in southern India dating back to 2nd century BC to 1st century AD. In which state Porunthal is located? Karnataka Tamil ..
1. Astapradan was a council of Minister of which among the following ? Gupta Administration Chola Administration Maratha Administration Rajput administration 2. Who among the following was the first writer to use Urdu as a medium of poetic Expression? Amir Khusaru ..
1. “Bengal Desi” is a Hybrid variety of which of the following crops? Jute Cotton Sesame Gram 2. Bring out the only incorrect statement: Maximum Jute Mills in India are in West Bengal Maximum Jute Mills in India are in ..
1. At which of the following places water would boil at lowest temperature? Delhi Shimla Kochi Jodhpur 2. Out of the 15 members of the United Nations Security Council, assent of how many is required to make a decision? 5 ..
1. “Kapoori variety of Tobacco” is found in which of the following states of India? Bihar Madhya Pradesh Andhra Pradesh Uttar Pradesh 2. Historic region of Transylvania is located at? Hungary Romania Ukraine Serbia 3. Consider the following statements: Holders ..
1. Which among the following Mughal Emperor was also known as “Ali Gauhar”? Bahadur Shah Zafar Shah Aalam II Muhammad shah Aurangzeb 2. Tulbul project is located in which state? Jammu & Kashmir Himachal Pradesh Uttarakhand Haryana 3. What does ..