SSC-CGL 1st July 2012 (Morning Shift) Solution GK
1. Who will head the Jury of the Awards Committees of Padma, Ratna and other highest honorary awards?
[B]Prime Minister of India
[C]President of India
[D]Vice-President of India
Vice-President of India
2. Most important responsibility of a Welfare State is
[A]to check exploitation
[B]to check encroachments on Fundamental Rights
[C]to preserve private property
[D]to promote the religion of people
to check exploitation
3. Which of the following statements are correct?
1.Assam shares a border with Bangladesh and Bhutan.
2.West Bengal shares a border with Bhutan and Nepal.
3.Mizoram shares a border with Bangladesh and Myanmar.
[C]1, 2, 3
1, 2, 3
4. Arrange the following Presidents in chronological order as to who came first and who came later:
1.Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
4.A.P.J Abdul Kalam
[A]2, 1, 3, 4
[B]2, 3, 4, 1
[C]3, 2, 1, 4
[D]2, 3, 1, 4
2, 3, 1, 4
5. Gross Domestic Product is the monetary value of
[A]goods produced for the market only
[B]goods produced for the market and self consumption
[C]stock of goods and services
[D]all final goods and services produced in a year
all final goods and services produced in a year
6. Which one of the following market structures has a kinked demand curve?
7. Which of the following pairs is not correct?
[A]XI Plan - (2007 - 2012)
[B]VI Plan - (1980 - 1985)
[C]I Plan - (1951 - 1956)
[D]III Plan - (1966 - 1971)
III Plan - (1966 - 1971)
8. Which of the following instituions deals with credit to Agriculture and Rural Development?
9. As per the results of 2011 Population Census, which of the following groups occupies the three top places in respect of literacy?
[A]Kerala, Lakshadweep, Mizoram
[B]Mizoram, Kerala, Tripura
[C]Kerala, Goa, West Bengal
[D]Chandigarh, Goa, Kerala
Kerala, Lakshadweep, Mizoram
10. District Judges in a State are appointed by the
[B]Chief Justice of High Court
[C]Advocate-General of the State
[D]Council of Ministers of the State