Quiz 98 : Indian History Basic Questions for All Exams
1. Which among the following dynasties is known to have given the largest grant of villages to the temples and Brahamans?
2. Rigveda was written during which among the following ages?
[A] Stone Age
[B] Copper Age
[C] Iron Age
[D]All of them
3. For the first time in Indian History, the description of the State Administration was found for which among the following periods?
[A] Gupta Period
[B] Maurya Period
[C] Shunga Period
4. Who among the following is ascribed for the work Mudrarakshaha?
5. Which among the following kings have been linked to the Sudaman Caves ?
[B] ChandraGupta Maurya
6. What was the function of Samharta in Mauryan Administration?
[A] To Collect Revenue
[B] To Work as a Judge
[C] Leadership of Army
7. "All Indians are Free and not even one of them is a slave"
Who among the following has observed the above about the Mauryan Empire?
8. Which among the following was the first investigated pillar of Askoa?
[A] Delhi Meerut Pillar
[B] Barbara cave
9. Pushyamitra Shunga, who was originally a Senapati of the Mauryan empire and assassinated the last Mauryan Emperor Brihadrath in 185 BC was a ____?
10. There is only one edict, in which Ashoka refers himself as King of Magadha (Laja Magadhe. Identify the edict from the following:
[A] Minor Rock Edict of Mashi
[B] The Queens edict
[C] Bhabhru Edict
[D]Dhauli Pillar Inscription
11. At which among the following places, Chandragupta Maurya spent his last days ?
[C] Shravana Belgola
12. Ceylon became a stronghold of which among the following branches of Buddhism?
13. Who among the following was King of Magadha, at the time of Mahaparinirvana of Gautam Buddha?
14. Ashvaghosha, who has written the marvelous work "Buddhacharita" was a court poet of which among the following kings?
15. Who among the following kings was a contemporary of both Mahavira and Buddha ?