Quiz 96 : GK For SSC Examinations
1. Consider the following:
1. Help ISRO in Research
2. Help Department of Space in New Discoveries
3. Commercially sell Products & Services of Indian Space
Which among the above is / are the correct objectives of ANTRIX?
[A]1 & 2
[B]2 & 3
2. Which among the following diseases is also known as " Pink Eye" ?
3. Which among the following is used to listen and record underwater sounds?
4 . Which among the following is measured using a Vernier Calliper?
5. Who among the following are considered to be the first owners of Koh-i-noor diamond?
6. Vedic mythology refers to an ancient settlement called Pushkalavati after Pushkal, who was the son of King Bharata in the epic Ramayan. What is the modern location of Pushkalavati?
[C]Peshawar (in Pakistan)
7. Which among the following is the correct location of Adrenal Glands in Human Body?
[A] Above kidneys
[B] Below kidneys
[C]Above Medulla Oblongata
8. Who was the first Indian to get elected in House of commons?
[D]Dinshaw Edulji Wacha
9. Which among the following is the official language of Union Territory of Lakshadweep ?
10. Baba Amte is known for which of the following social work?
[A]Work for Poor & homeless people
[B]Work To Save Ganga
[C]Work for Leprosy Patients
[D]Work for Landless laborers
11. Bohag Bihu is a festival in North East India, mainly in the state of ____?
12. Which among the following is not a part of World Bank?
[A]Asian Development Bank
[B]International Monetary Fund
[C]International Finance Corporation
[D]International Development Association
13. National Security Guards was created by the Government of India on the pattern of Special Air Service & GSG-9 of two European Countries. Which are these two countries respectively?
[A]UK & France
[B]France & Germany
[C]UK & Germany
[D]UK and Italy
14. National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO) conducts nationwide sample surveys on various socio-economic issues in successive rounds, each round covering subjects of current interest in a specific survey period. Who is the founder of this Organization?
[C]C R Rao
15. Le Corbusier was the architect of which city among the following?
16. Karl Pearson is mainly related to which branch of Mathematics?
17. Whose among the following had original name " Mula Shanakar" ?
[A]Swami Dayanand Saraswati
[C]Raja Ram Mohan Roy
18. Which among the following organization of Government of India is the repository of the non-current records of the Government of India and is holding them in trust for the use of administrators and scholars?
[A] Archeological Survey of India
[B]The National Archives of India
19. Which among the following states produces rubber in large quantities?
20. Consider the following statements:
1. The atmospheric pressure on poles is very low
2. The atmospheric pressure on equator is very high
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[C]Both 1 & 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2