Quiz 78: Quiz on October 2011 Current Affairs
1. Which among the following is the venue of November 2011 G-20 Summit?
2. Femina, the famous women's magazine of India is published by which among the following publishers?
[D]Indian Express Group
3. What was the name of China's first lunar probe that impacted moon a few years ago?
4. Which among the following is the NASA telescope , that tries to search for life in corner of Galaxy?
5. Anders Fogh Rasmussen is the chief of which among the following?
[A]Council of Europe
6. Sudhir Vasudeva has been appointed as the chairman and managing director of which among the following state-owned PSU's?
7. Which among the following entity was renamed by Jet Airways as JetLite to market it as a low-cost carrier, after acquisition?
8. Carol Bartz was recently fired from which among the following internet firms/ brands, after she was unable to increase market share?
9. Consider the following measures taken by Government of India / RBI to tame the inflation:
1. Import duty was reduced to zero on rice, wheat, pulses, edible oils.
2. The Interest rates were increased several times under Liquidity Adjustment Facility
3. Future Trading in rice, urad and tur dals was banned
4. NAFED and NCCF started selling onions at Rs. 35/kg
Which among the above fall under the category of "Fiscal Measures"?
[C]1 2 3
[D]1 2 3 4
10. Consider the following:
1. Conservation of Soil, Water and Biodiversity
2. Improve Rural roads and Bridges
3. Gap the Rural-Urban Divide
Which among the above are the objectives / functions of Rural Infrastructure Debt Fund?
[B]1 & 2
11. Global ratings firm Moody's has recently downgraded its rating of which among the following Indian Bank's financial strength by one notch to 'D+' on account of it's Tier-I capital ratio and deteriorating asset quality?
12. In Economy, the Gini coefficient deals with which among the following?
[A]Income / Population Ratio
[B]Variation in Economic Growth
[C]Distribution of wealth
[D]National income by type of income
13. Recently, the Indian Railways has indicated that it is unlikely to reach the operating ratio of 91.1 per cent projected in the Budget for the current year (2011-12). This is unfortunate, not unexpected.
Find out the correct statement about "Operating Ratio" from the above statement.
[A]The Operating Ratio achieved last year was higher than the current expected achievement
[B]Government should make efforts to increase the Operating Ratio of the Indian Railways by all means
[C]Operating Ratio is better if it is kept lower
[D]Operating ratio is better if it is achieved as high as possible
14. Which among the following is the most polluted city of India as per recent World Health Organization estimates?
15. What is the name of the world's cheapest tablet PC, priced at around Rs 1,200 ($24.34), recently released by Government in India?