Quiz 77: GK for Banking Exams
1. ASHA is a government of India Scheme related to which among the following Flagship Programmes?
[A]Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
[B]National Rural Health Mission
[C]Integrated Child Development Services Scheme
2. Consider the following:
1. Central Government
2. State Governments
3. Public Banks
4. Private Banks
5. General Public
Who among the above can borrow from RBI?
[B]1 2 3
[C]1 2 3 4
[D]1 2 3 4 5
3. In which year, India launched it Look East Policy?
4. Which among the following is NOT a function of commercial bank in India?
[A]Selling National Saving Certificates
[B]Purchasing Corporate Bonds
[C]Operations in Call Money Market
[D]Providing No-frill Services
5. Which among the following does not partner in Bharat Nirman?
[A]Government of India
[C]Panchayati Raj Institutions
6. Department of disinvestment comes under which among the following ministries?
[A]Ministry of Finance
[B]Ministry of Commerce & Industries
[C]Ministry of Programme Implementation
[D]Ministry of Corporate Affairs
7. Which among the following are the two states of India, where Thorium is found in good quantities?
[A]Kerala & Andhra Pradesh
[B]Kerala & Tamil Nadu
[C]Rajasthan and Kerala
[D]Kerala & Odisha
8. What is the interest rate on Savings Accounts in India at present?
9. Consider the following:
1. Individual money lenders
2. Cooperative Banks
3. Primary Agri-Credit Societies
Which among the above are parts of Indian Money Market?
[A]None of them
[C]Only 2 & 3
[D]All of them
10. Which among the following is used by Reserve Bank of India for "sterilization of the Capital Inflows" ?
[A]Base Rate System
[C]Open Market Operations
[D]Credit Authorization Scheme
11. Asset Reconstruction Company of India (ARCIL) has been launched to deal primarily with ____?
12. Which among the following is NOT a must condition for a Scheduled Commercial Bank in India?
[A]It should be in the second schedule of RBI act 1934
[B]Its Paid Up Capital should be at least Rs. 1 Crore
[C]It must deposit with RBI as per the CRR
[D]It must have facilities of a clearing house
13. The nationalization of Banks in India took place in 1969 by ____?
[A]An Act of Parliament of India
[B]An Ordinance Promulgated by President of India
[C]An amendment of Constitution of India
[D]A Notification by Government of India
14. The Industrial Finance Corporation of India is a subsidiary of which among the following banks?
15. National Equity Fund is managed by which among the following?