Quiz 617: Latest Current Affairs for All Examinations
1. India's First Integrated Check Post was recently opened in which state?
Giving impetus to people-to-people contacts and trade ties with Pakistan, India on 13.4.2012 opened a modern Integrated Check Post (ICP) , equipped with a dedicated passenger terminal and sprawling cargo facility, built at cost of 150 crore rupees in Attari.
2. In which among the following launches, India's first indigenous all-weather RISAT-1 was successfully sent in orbit recently?
India's first indigenous all-weather RISAT-1, whose images will facilitate agriculture and disaster management, was launched successfully on board the PSLV-C19 from Sriharikota.
3. After a gap of more than two decades, who among the following was recently elected as a judge of the International Court of Justice from India?
[A]Justice Vivian Bose
[B]Justice Swatanter Kumar
[C]Justice J R Mudholkar
[D]Justice Dalveer Bhandari
Justice Dalveer Bhandari
4. Aditya Mehta is a player of ___?
Aditya Mehta stunned fancied compatriot Pankaj Advani to become only the third Indian ever to clinch the Asian Snooker Championships in Doha on 29.4.2012.
5. What is the upper limit of transaction of amount via NEFT to a person in Nepal via the Indo-Nepal Remittance Facility Scheme?
Indo-Nepal Remittance Facility is a cross-border remittance scheme to transfer funds from India to Nepal, enabled under the NEFT Scheme. The scheme was launched to provide a safe and cost-efficient avenue to migrant Nepalese workers in India to remit money back to their families in Nepal. A remitter can transfer funds up to Indian Rupees 50,000 (maximum permissible amount) from any of the NEFT-enabled branches in India..The beneficiary would receive funds in Nepalese Rupees.
6. Jim Yong Kim is the president-elect of which among the following organizations?
[B]United Nations General Assembly
[C]World Trade Organization
[D]World Economic Forum
7. Sachin Tendulkar hit his 100th international century against which among the following team?
8. What is the income tax exemption limit for individuals as proposed in latest Union Budget 2012-13?
9. Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant is a joint venture between India and which among the following countries?
10. Gundecha brothers are well known exponents of which among the following styles of Hindustani Classical Music ?
11. Recently, Asia's largest tulip garden was opened in which among the following states of India?
[B]Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir
Asia's largest tulip garden on the banks of Dal Lake in Kashmir was thrown open to visitors in March 2012.
12. Recently, the Financial Restructuring Plan (FRP) has been approved by a consortium of banks for which of the following Airlines?
13. Recently, world's first all-women paramilitary pipe band was unveiled by which among the following para-military force of India?
[A]Central Reserve Police Force
[B]Border Security Force
[C]Central Industrial Security Force
Central Reserve Police Force
14. Right to Education Act, 2009 mandates 25 pc free seats to the poor in which among the following schools of India?
[A]Government Schools only
[B]Government Schools and Government Aided Private Schools only
[C]Government Schools, Government aided Private Schools and Private unaided schools
[D]Private Schools only
Government Schools, Government aided Private Schools and Private unaided schools
The Supreme Court has upheld the constitutional validity of the Right to Education Act, 2009, which mandates 25 pc free seats to the poor in govt and private unaided schools uniformly across the country.
15. Who among the following has recently taken over as chairman of Atomic Energy Commission?
[A]Dr. S. Banerjee
[D]Dr.Ratan Kumar Sinha
Dr.Ratan Kumar Sinha