Quiz 584: Current Affairs December 2011
1. Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary, India’s only dolphin sanctuary, is located in which among the following states of India?
2. Late Hargobind Khorana, who died in the US on November 9, 2011 had received Nobel Prize in physiology in 1968, for work on which among the following?
[A]Mechanisms of the action of hormones
[B]Chemical Structure of antibodies
[C]Interpretation of the genetic code
[D]Structural and functional organization of the cell
3. Who among the following appoints the chairperson of National Monuments Authority?
[C]Ministry of Culture
[D]Cabinet Committee on Appointments
4. The 20-point Addu Declaration was adopted by members of which among the following organizations?
[C]East Asia Summit
5. India’ s Agni II prime missile has been recently renamed as ___?
[A] Agni IV
[C]Agni II ICBM
6. Which among the following states emerged champion in the 65th National aquatics meet , recently held at Ranchi?
[D] Andhra Pradesh
7. Who among the following is the winner of 2011 Col C.K. Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award ?
8. Which among the following is the oldest custom union of the World?
[A]East African Community (EAC)
[B]Southern Common Market (MERCOSUR)
[C]Southern African Customs Union (SACU)
[D]Andean Community (CAN)
9. Recently, social activist and Narmada Bachao Andolan leader Medha Patkar was chosen for the Basava Sri award for the year 2010 for excellence in service in the social sector. Which state Government confers the Basava Sri award?
10. The digital BEDMAP is the most detailed map of which among the following regions/ continents?
11. Which among the following is the name of the first habitable earth-like planet discovered recently?
[D]None of them
12. In which of the following years, the Family Planning Insurance Scheme was launched in India?
13. How many states of India share its border with Bhutan?
14. In which among the following countries is located the Yoloten-Osman gas field , which was recently making news?
15. Recently Angela Dorothea Merkel was given the 2009 Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding. She is head of which among the following countries?