Quiz 570: Current Affairs for IBPS Clerical Examination
1. In which year on October 1, a permanent nursing service for the Indian troops was constituted, designated as India Military Nursing Service, celebrated today as Nursing Day in India?
2. Currently, the Shah Commission is probing into the mining illegalities in which among the following states?
3. At which among the following places, the Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) has been established in India recently?
4. Commonwealth Games bronze-medalist Jai Bhagwan is related to which among the following sports?
5. Recently, the Government of India has announced the establishment of National Institute of Sports Science and Medicine (NISSM) in which among the following cities?
6. Recently, famous NGO Vanarai, an organisation working in the field of afforestation, soil and water conservation celebrated its Silver Jubilee. It was established by one of the former deputy chairmen of Union Planning Commission. Identify this personality from the given options:
7. Between which among the following stations, Indian Railways flagged off its first air-conditioned (AC) double-decker chair-car train recently?
[A]Mumbai - Surat
[B]Howrah - Dhanbad
[C]Howrah - Patna
[D]Mumbai - Goa
8. Who among the following has recently become the 108th winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature?
[A]Mario Vargas Llosa
9. Which among the following acts has not been enacted by parliament of India?
10. Which among the following states in India has recently launched the e-scholarship programme PRERANA with an objective to facilitate easy, speedy and timely disbursal of scholarship to the eligible disadvantaged students.?
11. Recently, which among the following country has completed the deployment of its global positioning satellite group "Glonass"?
12. Who among the following has written the official biography of late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs?
13. Who among the following is Africas first democratically elected female president, (also won Nobel Peace Prize 2011)?
[B]Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
14. Recently, India has signed a pact with which among the following neighbors to end their 40-year border demarcation dispute?
15. Year 2011 corresponds to which among the following years in Holocene calendar or Holocene era (HE)?