1. Consider the following statements:
1. As per Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy of the country, 74% composite FDI (direct + indirect) is allowed for telecom services
2. Telecom service License is allowed in India for Foreign Companies also.
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
(A)Only 1 is correct
(B)Only 2 is correct
(C)Both 1 & 2 are correct
(D)Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
2. 'Deshikottama' award is the highest award of which among the following bodies?
(A)Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan
(C)Banaras Hindu University
(D)Bhartiya Sahitya Parishad
3. "Ever Onward" , which among the following games event has this motto?
(A)Afro Asian Games
(D)South Asian Federation Games
4. "Only mad men outside lunatic asylums could think or talk of independence"
Who among the following had made this remark in context with the budding idea of Swarajya?
(B)Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C)Gopal Krishan Gokhle
(D)Pheroz Shah Mehta
5. "The British Empire is rotten to the core, corrupt in every direction, and tyrannical and mean"
Which among the following Europeans is known to have made this statement?
6. "There was only one genuine extremist in India and that was Mr. Tilak"
Who among the following had made this remark in context with Bal Gangadhar Tilak?
(B)Moti Lal Nehru
7. "Wanted Brave Soldiers in India: Pay-Death, Price-martyrdom, Pension-Liberty, Field of Battle-India"
The above captioned advertisement was published in a newspaper associated with Indian Freedom Struggle. Identify that news paper from the given options:
8. A controversial chapter on “sustainable development” has been a stumbling block to an agreement in which among the following free trade negotiations of India?
(A)Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) and India Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiations
(B)India-EU Board Based Trade and Investment Agreement negotiations
(C)India-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) negotiations)
(D)India European Free Trade Association (EFTA) Negotiations on broad based Bilateral Trade and Investment Agreement
9. A manifesto known as "Philosophy of the Bomb”, was brought out by which among the following organizations?
(B)Hindustan Republic Association
(C)Hindustan Socialist Republic Association
10. A plant belonging to which of the following groups would show least adaptation to marine water?
11. About which of the following books, Mahatma Gandhi has said that "it brought about an instaneous and practical transformation in my life"?
(B)War & Peace
(C)Kingdom of God is within You
(D)Unto this last
12. After the Hindustan Republican Association was renamed as Hindustan Socialist Republic Association, a central committee was formed. Who among the following was from Bihar in this central Committee?
(C)P N Ghosh
13. After the permanent settlement, what fraction of the revenue derived by the Zamindars to the Company was to be remitted?
14. After which among the following events, the Cabinet Mission plan was thought to have become defunct?
(A)Call for a Direct Action Day by Muslim League
(B)Boycott of the Muslim Legue of the Constituent assembly
(C)The formation of the Interim Government
15. Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures or Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS) Agreement, that mandates how governments can apply food safety, animal and plant health measures, is related to which among the following organizations?
(A)World Economic Forum
(B)World Health Organization
(C)World Trade organization
(D)Food and Agriculture Organization
1. Consider the following statements:
Last Updated: January 31, 2012
Bank Exams Section
- Bank PO Study Material
- Banking Current Affairs
- Bank PO Questions
- Marketing Aptitude
- Computer Awareness
- Bank PO Quizzes
- Current Repo Rate
- Current Reverse Repo Rate
- Current CRR
- Current SLR
- Business Glossary
Civil Services Section
- Ancient History Notes
- Medieval History Notes
- Modern History & Freedom Struggle Notes
- Indian History Quizzes
- History Short Questions
- Concepts in Indian History
- Development of Constitution
- Constitution of India
- Indian Polity Questions
- Indian Polity Quiz
- Indian Agriculture Notes
- Indian Industries Notes
- Indian Banking Industry Notes
- Indian Economy Quiz
- Indian Economy Concepts
- Indian Economy Questions
- Geography Quizzes
- Geography Short Questions
- IT & Computers Notes
- Environment General Studies Notes
- Science Short Questions
- Science Quizzes
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Archive 2011