1. "Diet’ is a joint session of the Parliament of which nation?
2. Who is the 37th Chief Justice of India?
(A) Ram Jethmalani
(B) Y.K. Sabharwal
(C) Bijibhai Patnaik
(D) K.G. Balkrishnan
3. On Jan 10, 2007 India crossed another milestone with the successful launch of PSLV-C7 which injected into orbit for the first time four satellites, Cartosat-2, SRE-1, Lapan-Tubsat and Pehuensat-1. Which one of them is an earth observation satellite?
4. What is the name of the World’s smallest republic which has an area of 21 sq.km.?
(A) Vatican City
5. What is the Value Added Tax (VAT)?
(A) A single tax that replaces State Taxes like surcharge, turnover tax, etc.
(B) A simple, transparent, easy to pay tax imposed on consumers.
(C) A new initiative taken by the government to increase the tax burden of high income groups.
(D) A new tax to be imposed on the producers of capital goods.
6. Jadugoda mines are famous for:
(A) iron ore
(B) mica deposits
(C) gold deposits
(D) uranium deposits
7. Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT)‘ has not yet been signed by:
(D) United Kingdom
8. Which one of the following is not a constitutional body?
(A) Election Commission
(B) Union Public Service Commission
(C) Planning Commission
(D) Finance Commission
9. Rigveda Samhita denotes one-fourth of its hymns to:
10. Ahalyabai, the saintly queen of Maheshwar (Central India) belonged to which dynasty?- -
(A) Scindhya dynasty
(B) Peshwa dynasty
(C) Holkar dynasty
(D) Rajput dynasty
11. The temple of Konark was built by Narasimha of the:
(A) Maratha Dynasty
(B) Chola Dynasty
(C) Ganga Dynasty
(D) Vijaynagar Empire
12. The minimum temperature at which a combustible substance catches fire is called:
(A) fireless temperature
(B) ignition temperature
(C) static temperature
(D) optimum temperature
13. Which of the following trophies is related with the game of ‘Football’?
(A) Mumbai Gold Cup
(B) Everest Cup
(C) Merdeka Cup
(D) V.C.C. Cup
14. New Horizons’ spacecraft was launched by NASA to study which of the following planet?
15. The International Day for Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed on:
(A) 20th February
(B) 21st February
(C) 20th March
(D) 21st March
16. Who launched a novel development project WADI in Bundelkhand region for the welfare of tribal communities in UP?
(D) Government of U.P.
17. Who committed the most daring murder of Sir Curzen Wyllie in 1907 in a public meeting in London?
(A) B.N. Dutta
(B) M.L. Dhingra
(C) Sardar Ajit Singh
(D) S.C. Chatterjee
18. For respiration in deep sea, divers use mixture of:
(A) Oxygen and helium
(B) Oxygen and hydrogen
(C) Oxygen and carbon dioxide
(D) Oxygen, Helium & nitrogen
19. The first metal to be used by man was:
20. Who is the author of the book " All the President’s Men "?
(A) Stephen Hawking
(B) Ayn Rand
(C) Sir V.S. Naipaul
(D) Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward