Quiz 133 : Indian History
1. 'Padshah-nama' (Chronicle of the Emperor) written by Abdul Hamid Lahori, is the official visual history giving a detailed account of the reign of which of the following Mughal Emperors?
2. As per the Solar Gregorian Calendar, year 2000 would correspond to which among the following years of Vikram Samvat?
3. Bhimbethka in Madhya Pradesh is an ancient Indian site where art prehistoric age are found preserved in rock-shelters. These arts belong to:
1. Paleolithic age
2. Mesolithic age
3. Chalcolithic age
Choose the correct option:
[A] Only 1
[B]Only 1 & 2
[C] Only 2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
4. Hamim Humam who was the chief of Royal School (Pathshala) adorned the court of which Mughal Emperor?
Hamim Humam was one of the Nav Ratnas of Akbar.
5. Which Mughal Emperor had put a ban on killing of animals in certain days?
He put a ban in 1583 on killing animals on certain days.
6. Ustad Isa is related to the design and architecture of which of the following Buildings in Mughal Era?
[B] Buland Darwaza
[C]Red Fort (Agra)
Ustad Isa was the chief architect of Taj Mahal.
7. "Sur Sagar ", a treatise on music was written during the reign of which of the following Mughal emperors?
Surdas wrote Sursagar, Tulsidas who wrote Ramcharitmanas was also a contemporary of Akbar.
8. Babur, the founder of the mighty Mughal Empire traced his lineage from :
[A]Timur from paternal line and Chengiz Khan from Maternal Line.
[B]Chengiz Khan from Paternal Line and Timur from Maternal line.
[C]Chagatai Turks from paternal and maternal side.
[D]Mongoloids from paternal and Maternal side.
Timur from paternal line and Chengiz Khan from Maternal Line.
9. Jujhar Singh, who was a Bundela Chief had revolted against :
[D]None of the above
10. In whose times the Mughal Empire reached its territorial climax ?
[D]Bahadur Shah I
11. Akbar had adopted the 'Ray' System of revenue assessment which he had abolished later on as part of his land revenue reforms. Who among the following had introduced the ray system ?
[D]Sher Shah Suri
12. Which among the following terms precisely defines the loans given to cultivators for seeds, farm implements etc. in the Sultanate and Mughal period?
13. Faujdar and Amalguzar were the chief officials of the 'Sarkars' (administrative divisions) in Mughal Period. Amalguzar was related to which of the following operations?
[A]Law & Order
[D]Audit and Accounts
14. "Abdun Nabi was a chief Qazi who was accused of corruption and venality" . This reference is related to the times of _ _ _
15. Nadir Shah ,the ruler of Persia who looted India's Koh-i-Noor diamond and Peacock Throne, defeated the Mughal Army at Karnal in which year ?
16. Which among the following Mughal emperors had prohibited smoking use of tobacco in 1617 AD?
17. Despite of military might and court diplomacy, Akbar failed to subjugate completely which among the following?
Choose the correct option:
[B] 1 & 2
[C] 1 & 3
[D] 1, 2 & 3
18. The decisive Battle of Chausa was fought between:
[A]Babur & Rana Sanga
[B]Hemu Vikramaditya & Mughals
[C]Humayun & Sherkhan
[D]Aurangzeb & Dara Shikoh
Humayun & Sherkhan
19. During the reign of which among the following Mughal rulers, maximum number of books on classical music were written?
20. During the reign of which among the following rulers, Malik Muhammad Jaisi completed his epic work 'Padmavat' ?