Quiz 129: Current Affairs for Bank PO & Bank Clerical Examinations 2012
1. The expenditures incurred by which among the following ministries are Non-plan expenditures ?
[A]Ministry of Finance
[C]Ministry of Defense
[D]Ministry of Commerce
Ministry of Defense
2. Which among the following is the unit of Insurance in National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS)?
[D]Block / Tehsil
National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS) was implemented with effect from Kharif 1999 to enlarge the coverage of risks of farmers and crops. The scheme operates on the basis of Area Approach and each participating State or UT is required to reach the level of Gram Panchayat as the unit area of insurance, in a period of three years.
3. Where is located the Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), which is engaged in development of technology and applications of particle accelerators and lasers, besides carrying out substantial activities in cryogenics and materials research?
4. At which among the following places, India's first rail coach factory to be built on PPP (Public Private Partnership) is coming up in recent future?
The country will have a fourth rail coach manufacturing facility, the first to be built on a public-private partnership (PPP) model, in a little over three years from now. To be located in Palakkad, Kerala, it would use Japanese technology for the first time in India to roll out lighter coaches, consuming less fuel. (BS 2012 February)
5. Which among the following country is largest Economy in European Union?
6. Which among the following bank contributes in the compilation of Manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) in India?
[A]Reserve Bank of India
[B]EXIM Bank of India
The Markit-compiled the HSBC India Manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) rose to 54.9 in April from 54.7 in March 2012.
7. In which year, the UN Human Rights Council was established?
The General Assembly established the UNHRC by adopting a resolution (A/RES/60/251) on 15 March 2006, in order to replace the previous CHR (Commission on Human Rights) which had been heavily criticised for allowing countries with poor human rights records to be members
8. Fejervarya Sengupti , which was found in Meghalaya recently, is a new species of ____?
The new species has been named Fejervarya Sengupti in honour of Saibal Sengupta, was one of the pioneers of amphibian research.
9. Which among the following organization helps world's poorest countries?
The International Development Association (IDA) is the part of the World Bank that helps the world’s poorest countries. It complements the World Bank's other lending arm — the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) — which serves middle-income countries with capital investment and advisory services. (wikipedia)
10. Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2011 has been given to ___?
[D]V. K. Murthy
Versatile Bengali actor Soumitra Chatterjee who portrayed a versatile range of lead characters in films by Satyajit Ray was named for the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2011
11. Seoul Communiqué is related to ___?
[B]Protection of Wildlife
The Seoul Communiqué was the outcome of 2012 Nuclear Summit at Seoul. It builds on the objectives and measures set out in the 2010 Washington Communiqué to identify 11 areas of priority and importance in nuclear security and presents specific actions in each area. The 11 areas are as follows: the global nuclear security architecture; the role of the IAEA; nuclear materials; radioactive sources; nuclear security and safety; transportation security; combating illicit trafficking; nuclear forensics; nuclear security culture; information security; and international cooperation.
12. The 19-point UN peace plan was recently approved in which country to end violence?
13. Who among the following is the author of "Irama Kathaiyum Iramayakalum"?
[C]A A Manavalan
A A Manavalan
Tamil writer A A Manavalan was selected by K K Birla Foundation for Saraswati Samman for 2011 for his book on Ramayana, Irama Kathaiyum Iramayakalum
14. Indian recently voted against which among the following neighbouring country in a UNHRC resolution?
15. Abd Rabbuh Mansur Al-Hadi is the current president of ___ ?
The current president of Yemen is Abd Rabbuh Mansur Al-Hadi, who took office on 25 February 2012.