1. Which among the following Indian Cricket players was recently honoured with the honorary membership of the Sydney Cricket Ground in Australia?
[D]M S Dhoni
2. Samoa Island was making news in context with which among the following?
[A]International Space Station
[B]International Date Line
[C]International Court of Justice
[D]International Civil Aviation Organization
International Date Line
Samoa Island and Tokelau in South Pacific are located near the International Date Line. Samoa Island was making news because it fast-forwarded to 31st
December, missing out 30th December 2011.
3. What is the name of India's first woman jawan?
[D]None of them
Outperforming her male counterparts in the physical tests, 35-year-old Sapper Shanti Tigga joined the 969 Railway Engineer Regiment of Territorial
Army (TA). (The Hindu October 2011)
4. "Chandipur-on-sea" is located in which among the following states?
5. 2007 OR10 is a Kuiper Belt Object revolving the Sun, that was discovered in 2011. What nickname has been given to 2007 OR10 ?
2007 OR10 is a very large trans-Neptunian object. It is the largest body in the Solar System without an official name.
6. China's first aircraft carrier has been built upon the unfinished former Soviet aircraft carrier Varyag. What Chinese name has been given to this aircraft?
7. Which among the following trains has longest route on the Indian Railways network, in terms of distance and time?
[D]None of the above
Out of the four Vivek express trains, the one from Dibrugarh Town to Kanyakumari; is the longest route on the Indian Railways network, in terms of
distance and time, and is the 8th longest in the world. Himsagar is second.
8. Who among the following has been recently chosen to head the Public Health Foundation Of India (PHFI)?
[B]N R Narayanmurthy
[D]K V Kamath
N R Narayanmurthy
9. Which among the following is the major objective of NASA's Kepler mission?
[A]To search for habitable planets
[B]To search for earth like planets
[C]To search for alien life
[D]To search for potentially dangerous objects in space
To search for earth like planets
10. Russia 's recently failed Phobos grunt mission was destined to reach Phobos, which is a moon of __-?
11. "Bolsa Família" and "Fome Zero" are some of the social programmes which made Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva famous all over world. Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva was recently given World Food Prize also. He is a former president of ___?
12. The Krishi Karman Awards are given to ___ ?
[B]District Agriculture Boards
13. Ramdarash Mishra is a writer of which among the following languages?
Eminent Hindi writer, Ramdarash Mishra has been selected for the prestigious vyas samman for the year 2011.
14. In recent times, scientists have marked huge piles of jumbled up icebergs strewn across the cracked and mottled surface of Europa, that indicates the possibility of life. Europa is the moon of which among the following planets?
15. Which among the following temple has recently completed 1000 years?
[A]Kandariya Mahadev Temple, Khajuraho
[B]Meenakshi Mandir, Madurai
[C]Brihadweshvar Temple, Thanjavaur
[D]Badrinath Temple, Badrinath
Brihadweshvar Temple, Thanjavaur