Quiz 119 : Recent Current Affairs
1. Lord Woolf Report concerns with which of the following issue?
[A]Eurozone Debt Crisis
[B]Draft resolution on UN sanctions against Syria
[C]International Cricket Council’s Structural Changes in Management
[D]London Olympic Games 2012 Sponsorship by Dow Chemicals
International Cricket Council’s Structural Changes in Management
“Lord Woolf Report”: Concerning the restructuring in the top management of the world body, ICC (International Cricket Council). ICC is the Cricket’s apex body. The ICC’s independent governance review, headed by Lord Woolf, demanded for essential administrative reforms in ICC. BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India), the Indian Cricket Board, has rejected the key recommendations of the Lord Woolf report regarding the structural changes in ICC. However BCCI did not mentioned which of the clauses of the Woolf Report it was actually opposed to.
2. Who has been chosen as the brand-ambassador of West Bengal recently?
[C]Saif Ali Khan
Brand Ambassador of West Bengal: King Khan
Cine Superstar Shahrukh Khan has become the Brand Ambassador of West Bengal. Shahrukh has given his consent to the proposal of the State Government in this regard. He also owns an IPL team ‘Kolkata Knight Riders’, and thus has great connection with West Bengal as he keeps visiting the state due to his personal and professional commitments. SRK accepted the proposal stating ‘West Bengal is my second home’ in a letter to the Chief Minister.
3. First World Radio Day observed on which date by UNESCO ?
[A]February 7, 2012
[B]February 13, 2012
[C]January 13, 2012
[D]January 7, 2012
February 13, 2012
UNESCO organized the first World Radio Day on 13 February, 2012.
4. After the resignation of Mr. Mohamed Nasheed as the President of Maldives who assumed the office of President of Maldives ?
Waheed Hassan assumed the office of the President of Maldives
5. Akhlaq Mohammed Khan was popularly known as ?
In Uttar Pradesh, noted Urdu poet and Jnanpith awardee Akhlaq Mohammed Khan popularly known as Shahryar passed away. Last year Shahryar was awarded with Jnanpith Award-for 2008 in the recognition of his contribution to Urdu poetry and literature. Shahryar shot to fame for penning ghazals in Bollywood classics like Gaman, Umrao Jaan and Anjuman. He was also awarded with Sahitya Akademy
Award in Urdu for his poetry collection, Khwab Ka Dar Band Hai. Besides, he wrote a number of poetry collections which brought glory to him in literary world. His first collection of Urdu poetry was published in 1965.
6. The pilot project launched by President Pratibha Patil which aims to empower women in rural areas through telecom services?
7. Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) was launched in ?
8. The pre-announced price at which the government purchases foodgrains particularly, wheat and rice from the farmer in order to crate a buffer stock is known as ?
[A]Farmer Purchase Price
[B] Minimum Support Price
[C]Buffer Stock Price
[D]Maximum Support Price
Minimum Support Price
9. The foodgrains procured by the government through FCI is distributed to the poor section of the society through ration shops. The Ration Shops are called ?
[C]Fair Price Shops
[D]Minimum Price Shops
Fair Price Shops
10. In order to help the poor strata of the society, the government provides them food grains from the buffer stock at a price much lower than the market price. This subsidized price is known as ?
[B]Minimum Support Price
[C]Maximum Support Price
11. The Food Corporation of India was setup under the Food Corporation Act 1964 in the year ?
12. Which City is known as the Rice Bowl of Tamil Nadu ?
13. In India, a micro enterprise is an enterprise where investment in plant and machinery does not exceed ? (for Enterprises engaged in the manufacture or production, processing or preservation of goods)
[A]Rs 10 Lakh
[B]Rs 15 Lakh
[C]Rs 25 Lakh
[D]Rs 50 Lakh
Rs 25 Lakh
14. In India, a small enterprise is an enterprise where investment in plant and machinery is ? (for Enterprises engaged in the manufacture or production, processing or preservation of goods)
[A]more than Rs. 25 lakh but does not exceed Rs. 10 crore
[B]more than Rs. 25 lakh but does not exceed Rs. 5 crore
[C]more than Rs. 10 lakh but does not exceed Rs. 5 crore
[D]more than Rs. 10 lakh but does not exceed Rs. 10 crore
more than Rs. 25 lakh but does not exceed Rs. 5 crore
15. In India, a medium enterprise is an enterprise where investment in plant and machinery is ? (for Enterprises engaged in the manufacture or production, processing or preservation of goods)
[A]more than Rs.5 crore but does not exceed Rs.10 crore.
[B]more than Rs.10 crore but does not exceed Rs.50 crore.
[C]more than Rs.10 crore but does not exceed Rs.25 crore.
[D]more than Rs.5 crore but does not exceed Rs.25 crore.
more than Rs.5 crore but does not exceed Rs.10 crore.