Which of the following statements is/are correct with respect to energy basket of India?
- The total renewable energy generation in India is greater than that of hydropower
- Wind energy has largest share in the renewable energy basket of India
Select the correct option from codes given below:
The total capacity of renewable energy projects expanded to 42,850 megawatts, overtaking hydropower that stood at 42,783 mw, out of the country's total capacity of about 3 lakh MW. Wind energy has largest share in the renewable energy basket of India.
- Solar Power: 9,012.66 MW (18.0%)
- Biomass Power: 7,856.94 MW (15.7%)
- Small Hydro Power: 4,333.85 MW (8.7%)
- Waste-to-Power: 114.08 MW (0.2%)
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module