Consider the following:
- Public Property
- SCs, STs and other weaker sections
Protection of which of the above is Fundamental Duty in Part IVA of Constitution?
Fundamental Duties are:
- To abide by the constitution and respect its ideals and institution, the National Flag and the National Anthem
- To cherish and follow the noble ideals which inspired our national struggle for freedom the National Flag and the National Anthem
- To uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India
- To defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so
- To promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood amongst all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic and regional or sectional diversities
- To renounce practices derogatory to the dignity of women
- To value and preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture
- To protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers and wildlife and to have compassion for living creatures
- To develop the scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform To safeguard public property and to abjure violence
- To strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavour and achievement Who is a parent or guardian to provide opportunities for education to his child or, as the case may be, ward between the age of six and fourteen years.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module