Consider the following:
Which among the above is / are unmanned aerial vehicle(s)?
Some recent additions to the long list of successes are:
- Initial Operational Clearance of ‘Tejas’ Light Combat Aircraft
- commencement of induction process of Agni 4 long range ballistic missile
- the repeat copybook launch of Agni 5 Inter-continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM)
- production clearance of underwater launched ballistic missile (Bo5) and maiden launch of longer range K4 (Note that Bo5 and K4 are underwater missiles)
- development of ‘Arjun Mk-II main battle tank’
- maiden launch of India’s long range cruise missile “Nirbhay”
- development of Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) system and development of ‘Rustom II the Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAV’.
Pinaka is an area weapon system with a range of 40 km. The quick reaction time and high rate of fire of the system gives an edge to the army during a low-intensity conflict situation. The unguided rocket system is meant to neutralise large areas with rapid salvos.Pinaka system can fire a salvo of 12 rockets in 44 seconds. The battery of six launchers can neutralise at a time a target area of 3.9 sq km. The system’s capability to incorporate several types of warheads makes it deadly for the enemy as it can even destroy solid structures and bunkers. Pinaka, which has undergone several tough tests since 1995, has already been inducted into the armed forces.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module