Consider the following statements:
1. Major deposits of Chromite mineral in India are concentrated in Odisha
2. Major deposits of Tungsten in India are concentrated in Rajasthan
3. Major deposits of Barytes in India are concentrated in Andhra Pradesh
Which among the above is / are correct statements?
In India 95 per cent resources are located in Odisha, mostly in the Sukinda valley in Cuttack and Jaipur districts and the remaining 5 per cent resources are distributed in Manipur and Karnataka and meagre quantities in the states of Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
The main deposits (of Tungsten) are Degana in Nagaur district, Rajasthan. It also occurs in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Haryana, West Bengal, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
The Mangamper deposit in Cuddapah district (Andhra Pradesh) is the single largest barytes deposit in the world. Andhra Pradesh along accounted for more than 94 per cent country’s resources. Minor occurrences of barytes are located in Rajasthan, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Karnataka and Haryana.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module