Which among the following is / are characteristic features of the Indus towns and cities?
1. Presence of substantial space for administrative and religious buildings
2. Presence of readily identifiable elite residences
3. Presence of cemeteries outside all the settlements Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
All the statements of the above question are incorrect. There are some of the negative features of the Indus towns and cities such as:
- There was an apparent paucity or absence of substantial administrative and religious buildings
- There are no readily identifiable elite residences. The social differentiation was there but that was obscure or unclear.
There are also not many large-scale storage facilities identified. Cemeteries are also rare, both within and outside the settlements.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module