With reference to the relative position on the French and the Britishers on the eve of Carnatic wars, consider the following statements:
1. The maritime power of the English was superior to that of the French
2. While British Company was backed by the Government, French Company was more of a private concern
3. The settlements of English in India were superior that those of French
Which among the above is / are correct statements?
The second statement is not correct here.
Relative position on the French and the Britishers on the eve of Carnatic wars.
- The position of the English Company was superior to that of the French Company.
- The sea power of the English was superior to that of the French .
- The English settlements were superior to those of the French.
- French Company was backed by the Government the English Company was a private concern. It was more enterprising.
- The English had a strong navy. The position of the French was inferior so far as sea power was concerned.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module