With reference to the image formed in plane mirror, which among the following observations is / are correct?
1. Image is always virtual
2. The distance of image from the mirror is same as the distance between object and mirror
3. Image is laterally inverted
Select the correct statements from the codes given below:
Chief characteristics of an image formed in plane mirror are:
- Image is erect and of equal size.
- Image is virtual, it means the image cannot be taken on screen.
- The distance of image from the mirror is same as the distance between object and mirror.
- Image is laterally inverted. It means right hand side of the object appears as left hand side of the image and vice versa.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module