Consider the following statements:
1. The chairman of the Central Administrative Tribunal is either a sitting or a retired judge of a High Court
2. The provisions of Administrative Tribunals Act don’t apply to armed forces
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
The provisions of the Administrative Tribunals Act, 1985 do not apply to the following:
- Members of paramilitary forces
- Armed forces of the Union
- Officers or employees of the Supreme Court
- Persons appointed to the Secretariat Staff of either House of Parliament or the Secretariat staff of State/Union Territory Legislatures.
- The CAT is headed by a chairman who must be either a sitting or a retired Judge of a High Court.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module