The electors of the Elected members of state legislative councils include:
1. Members of local bodies
2. Graduates and Teachers
3. Members of State Assembly
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
Of the total number of members of a legislative council:
- 1/3 are elected by the members of local bodies in the state like municipalities, district boards, etc.,
- 1/12 are elected by graduates of three years standing and residing within the state,
- 1/12 are elected by teachers of three years standing in the state, not lower in standard than secondary school,
- 1/3 are elected by the members of the legislative assembly of the state from amongst persons who are not members of the assembly, and
- the remainder are nominated by the governor from amongst persons who have a special knowledge or practical experience of literature, science, art, cooperative movement and social service.
Thus, 5/6 of the total numbers of members of a legislative council are indirectly elected and 1/6 are nominated by the governor.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module