Which among the following statements is are correct with respect to the Estimates Committee?
1. There is no representation of Rajya Sabha in this committee
2. Its chairman is essentially from ruling party / coalition
3. No voting can take place on demand for grants unless this committee presents its reports
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
You must not forget the first two statements about the Estimates Committee. Here, you must note that both the Estimates Committee and PAC along with Committee on Public Undertaking are financial committees; but
• While PAC chairman is from Opposition, Estimates chairman is from Ruling coalition;
• While PAC has members from Lok Sabha + Rajya Sabha, Estimates committee has members from Only Lok Sabha.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module