With reference to the “Basel Convention” on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal, consider the following statements:
1. It was signed explicitly to prevent transfer of Hazardous wastes from the developed countries to developing and less developed countries
2. It talks explicitly about the Nuclear wastes and Hazards
3. As per this convention, a waste is called Hazardous waste if it is defined as Hazardous in the law of importing country
Which of the above is / are correct statements?
- Basel Convention does not talk about the Nuclear waste
- It defines the waste as something which has been defined as hazardous in the legislation of exporting OR importing OR the transit country.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module