Which among the following statements is / are correct with respect to the Gram Nyayalayas?
1. Each Gram Nyayalaya is a court of Judicial Magistrate of the first class
2. Gram Nyayalaya exercises the powers of both Criminal and Civil Courts
3. No appeal can be made anywhere except high courts against a judgement of Gram Nyayalaya
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
Gram Nyayalaya Act 2008, which came into force on 2 October 2009, mandates establishing Gram Nyayalayas to make justice easily accessible to the rural population and dealing with the backlog of cases by making courts available at Panchayat level and dispose the work by going to the villages.
- Each Gram Nyayalaya is a court of Judicial Magistrate of the first class, appointed by state governments.
- Established for every Panchayat at intermediate level or a group of contiguous Panchayats at intermediate level in a district.
- Functions as a mobile court and exercises the powers of both Criminal and Civil Courts.
- An appeal against a judgement of the Gram Nyayalaya can be taken to session Courts in case of criminal case and district courts in case of civil cases.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module