Both X-Rays and Gamma Rays:
1. have almost similar wavelengths
2. have almost similar penetrating capacity
3. are electromagnetic waves
4. travel with speed of light
5. Ionizing in nature
Which among the above is / are correct?
- The wavelength of X-rays is of the order of 1Å, whereas wavelength of γ-rays is of the order of 10–3Å.
- X-rays are less penetrating than γ-rays.
- Both are electromagnetic waves.
- Both travel with the speed of 3 × 108 ms–1.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module