The Fifth Schedule of the Indian Constitution:
1. is applicable in only certain states of India
2. can be amended only via a constitution amendment act
3. extends the executive power of Union to parts of certain states
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
In this Schedule, unless the context otherwise requires, the expression “State” does not include the States of Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram.
Executive power of a State in Scheduled Areas
Subject to the provisions of this Schedule, the executive power of a State extends to the Scheduled Areas therein
Amendments of the Schedule
1. Parliament may from time to time by law amend by way of addition, variation or repeal any of the provisions of this Schedule and, when the Schedule is so amended, any reference to this Schedule in this Constitution shall be construed as a reference to such Schedule as so amended.
2. No such law as is mentioned in sub-paragraph (1) of this paragraph shall be deemed to be an amendment of this Constitution for the purposes of article 368.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module