The Government of India Act 1935 provided for :
1. A responsible government at the center
2. A weak center and strong provinces
3. A bill of rights which was later replaced by Fundamental Rights
4. Dyarchy at the Centre
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
Salient Features of the Government of India Act 1935 were as follows:
- Abolition of provincial dyarchy and introduction of dyarchy at centre.
- Abolition of Indian Council and introduction of an advisory body in its place.
- Provision for an All India Federation with British India territories and princely states.
- Elaborate safeguards and protective instruments for minorities.
- Supremacy of British Parliament.
- Increase in size of legislatures, extension of franchise, division of subjects into three lists and retention of communal electorate.
- Separation of Burma from India
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module