KBR refers to Kalahandi-Balangir-Koraput. The districts of Southern and Western Odisha are one of the most backward region by recognized by the planning commission and re-designated some of these districts as KBK (Kalahandi-Balangir-Koraput). There are eight districts which form the KBK region.
India produced 1547 thousand tons of phosphorite/rock phosphate in 2009-10. Entire Rock Phosphate production was from Public Sector. Jhamarkotra mine of Rajasthan State Mines & Minerals Limited (RSMML) accounted for 88% of the total production in India and the entire production of Rajasthan during 2009-10. Madhya Pradesh contributed the remaining 12% of the production. Please
The Atacama desert is blocked from moisture on both sides by the Andes mountains and by the Chilean Coast Range. A coastal inversion layer created by the cold Humboldt Current and the anticyclone of the Pacific is essential to keeping the climate of the Atacama dry. Some parts of this desert have never received any
As per Ministry of Mines Data, production of iron ore at about 218.64 million tonnes in 2009-10 registered an increase of 2.67% over the previous year. About 27% of the total production was shared by Public Sector Companies like SAIL (including IISCO), NMDC, etc. The share of Private Sector was 63% which includes Tata Steel
"The geological survey of India has identified over 300 hot spring locations and estimates of the energy potential are around 10600 MW. Some of the locations identified by GSI are 1. The Purga valley in Jammu & Kashmir, 2. Tata Pani in Chhattisgarh 3. Godavari basin, 4. Manikaran (Himachal Pradesh), 5. Bakreshwar (West Bengal), 6.