Current Affairs Questions & Answers
1. Who among the following is the current NATO Chief?
[B]Anders Fogh Rasmussen
[C]Jaap de Hoop Scheffer
Jens Stoltenberg, former Norwegian PM has been selected as the Secretary General of NATO. He succeeds Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
2. Who has been appointed as the special director-general of National Investigation Agency?
[D]Radha Vinod Raju
Senior police officer,N.R. Wasan has been appointed as the new special director general of NIA. Wasan, a 1980-batch IAS officer, has served in the CBI handling sensitive issues.
3. Which among the following is world's largest container port?
4. What among the following is planned to be developed under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana?
The Centre is planning to start working on the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana and develop Artisans and Weaving industries in villages for promoting tourists. The benefits of this scheme will include- Sale of handlooms and handicrafts, creation of rural jobs and exposing the tourists to our traditions as per a source of the central government.
5. Which country has been ranked highest in Global Age-watch index, a global index on economic security and health and have been considered best for growing old?
Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Canada and Germany have been regarded as the top-five countries on Global Age-Watch Index, reflecting economic security, health and other factors associated with the well-being of people.
6. Who has been selected for the Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2014?
[B]Vishnu Narayanan Namboodiri
Sugathakumari has been selected for Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2014 for her immense contribution to Malayalam literature for past 50 years.Some of her prominent works are Pathirappookal; Raathrimazha; Ambalamani; Krishnakavithakal; Radhayevide; Kurinjippookkal; and Thulaavarshappacha.
7. Which among the following is not a statutory body?
[A]University Grants Commission
[B]National Development Council
[C]Reserve Bank of IndiaThe Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935 in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 with .....
[D]Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
National Development Council
8. The Ganga Action PlanAn action plan, popularly known as “Ganga Action Plan” (GAP) for immediate reduction of pollution load on the river Ganga was prepared by Department of ..... was originally started in which among the following years?
The ambitious ‘Ganga Action Plan’ to clean the river was launched by the then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi in 1985.
9. What is the minimum monthly pension notified recently by Labour Ministry for subscribers of the Employees’ Pension Scheme?
Labour Ministry has notified a minimum monthly pension of Rs 1,000 to subscribers of the Employees’ Pension Scheme.
10. Which among the following is the top source of foreign direct investment to India as per latest data?
Singapore has replaced Mauritius as the top source of foreign direct investment to India, accounting for about 25 per cent of foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows in 2013-14.