Current Affairs Questions & Answers
1. The common industries in which hemp (cannabis) is used include:
1. Paper Industry
2. Construction Industry
3. Textile Industry
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
Hemp is the common name for plants of the entire cannabis. This term is often used to refer only to cannabis strains cultivated for industrial (non-drug) use. It has many uses, including paper, textiles, biodegradable plastics, construction, health food, fuel and hemp oil, wax, resin, rope and pulp.
2. Which among the following is the first African country to use electronic voting in its presidential election?
Namibia has recently become first country in Africa to use electronic voting in their presidential election. Around 3400 India-made Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) were used for the elections. These EVM's were purchased form India’s public sector unit, Bharat Electronic Limited (BEL), Bengaluru.
3. The power to specify castes which will be deemed as Scheduled Castes rests with __?
[B]Governor of states
Article 341 of the Constitution empowers the President to specify castes which will be deemed as Scheduled Castes through a notification. It also empowers Parliament to include or exclude castes from the list of Scheduled Castes in the notification.
4. Who among the following is the youngest player to win the men’s title in the IBSF World Snooker Championship?
[D] Lin Shuai
Yan Bingtao, the 14-year-old prodigy from China, has created history by becoming the youngest player to win the men’s title in the IBSF World Snooker Championship.
5. Recently Meghalaya was added to the rail network of India for first time. With this, which among the following has becomes the first and only railway station of Meghalaya?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged-off the first train from Mendipathar, Meghalaya, to Guwahati, Assam. This was an important occasion in the history of Indian Railways, as Meghalaya was being added to the rail network of India for first time.
6. Which among the following dates is annually celebrated as World Milk Day?
World Milk Day: Globally, 1st June is annually celebrated as World Milk Day. In 2001, this day was designated by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (UN-FAO).
7. Hornbill Festival is one of the most popular festivals of India, celebrated in the state of Nagaland. Who among the following was president of India, when Hornbill festival was launched for the first time?
Hornbill (name of a bird) Festival is celebrated in Nagaland every year in the first week of December. It was established on 1st December 1963 and was inaugurated by the then President Dr. S Radhakrishnan. This festival is 10-day tourism promotional extravaganza which showcases rich culture of Naga tribes which includes shows of music and dance
8. For the first time, in which year LBA (Land Boundary Agreement) was signed between India and Bangladesh for the first time?
On 16th May 1974, soon after the independence of Bangladesh the LBA was signed between India and Bangladesh in order to find a solution to the complex nature of border demarcation. This pact was ratified by Bangladesh government in 1974. Though the Cabinet had granted approval in 1974, the pact was not ratified by India as it involved cession of territory.
9. e-Taal is the National e-services Dashboard portal created by the Government of India. What is the correct full form of e-Taal?
[A] e-Transaction Aggregation and Analysis
[B] e-Transaction Assessment and Analysis
[C] e-Transaction Assortment and Analytics
[D] e-Transaction Assessment Agreement
e-Transaction Aggregation and Analysis
Gujarat has become first state in to surpass the 1 billion mark in e-Transactions and to achieve landmark of 100 crore e-Transactions. It was revealed by e-Transaction Aggregation and Analysis - ‘eTaal’, a National e-services Dashboard portal created by the Government of India. ‘eTaal’ is a National e-services Dashboard portal created by the Government of India’s Information Technology Department during the UPA rule. The portal reflects transaction statistics periodically on near real time basis.
10. A. R. Antulay who recently died, had served as only Muslim Chief Minister of __?
AR Antulay was first and only Muslim Chief Minister of Maharashtra from 1980 to 1982. As a veteran Congressman and lawyer remained loyal to Indira Gandhi during the Emergency and its aftermath when the Congress party split in 1978. The new outfit of Congress under leadership Indira Gandhi was born at his residence. He also served as the Union Minister for Health and Minority Affairs in the UPA-I government lead by Dr. Manmohan Singh.