1. Dzanga-Ndoki national park is located in___?
[B]Central African Republic
Central African Republic
Dzanga-Ndoki national park is in Central African Republic. Recently World Wide Fund warned that a group of 17 armed individuals entered into the park and headed for the Dzanga Bai, locally known as the "village of elephants". There were upto 5 million elephants in Africa 70 years ago. Today, just several hundred thousands are left and in the past year, an estimates 32,000 elephants have been killed for their ivory.
2. Who is the new president of Asian Football Confederation?
[B]Mohammed Bin Hammam
[C]Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al-Khalifa
Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al-Khalifa
Bahrain's Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al-Khalifa was voted the new President of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC). He replaced former leader Mohammed Bin Hammam.
3. Which among the following countries recently launched the "Zhongxing-11" satellite?
China on May 2, 2013 has launched the "Zhongxing-11" communication satellite from the Xichang satellite launching center. The satellite was launched using a long March 3B rocket. It marked the 176th launch of China's long March series of rockets.
4. Which Indian Player won the Malaysia Open Grand Prix-2013?
[B]P V Sindhu
P V Sindhu
P V Sindhu reaffirmed her status as the rising star of Indian badminton as she lifted her maiden Grand Prix Gold title in Malaysia after defeating Juan Gu of Singapore.
5. Recently the Environment Ministry of India decided to put ban on the trade of feathers of which bird?
The Environment Ministry of India has decided for complete ban on sale, purchase and transport of peacock feathers.
6. Identify the Indian wildlife biologist who won the prestigious Whitley Award?
[C]Latika Nath Rana
[D]T V Sanjeev
Dr Aparajita Datta was one of the eight conservationists from around the to win the green Oscar or Whitley award. Dr Datta is seeking to improve the status of hornbills in north-eastern regions of India. She is spreading knowledge of the needs of hornbills and their importance, as seed dispersers, in the maintenance of healthy forest ecosystem.
7. According recent study, an increase in mercury level is leading to decline of which species?
According to new research dangerous levels of mercury in Arctic ecosystems could be having a harmful effect on Arctic fox populations. Mercury exposure could have contributed to a catastrophic drop in Arctic Fox populations on one Russian Island says researchers. The team of Russians, German and Icelandic scientists examined hair samples from inland and coastal populations of arctic fox, comparing data from population in Russia and Iceland. The finding suggest that increasing levels of mercury in marine ecosystem could have a significant impact on animals with a marine based diet.
8. Who among the following has been appointed as Washington's new special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan?
[C]James F Dobbins
James F Dobbins
President Obama named James F Dobbins, a veteran diplomat as his third special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan. Mr Dobbins who is currently the director of the RAND International Security and Defense Policy Centre, has plenty of experience with diplomatic troubleshooting.
9. Former Indian cricket player who recently appointed as representative on the ICC cricket committee is___?
[B]V V S Laxman
Former India leg-spinner Laxman Shivaramakrishnan replaced Tim May as player's representative on the ICC cricket committee. Shivaramakrishnan is one of the two current player representative. The other current player representative is former Srilanka Captain Kumar Sangakkara, who has been on the committee since 2007. Sangakkara and Shivaramakrishnan were recently elected by a vote of the 10 Test captains, and will serve on the committees for three years term from 2013-15.
10. Name the Solar power operated plane that completed its first trial journey with an aim to cross US?
Solar Impulse is a swiss solar powered aircraft project.