India’s heaviest satellite GSAT-10 was launched from the Kourou launch pad in French Guiana in South America. The satellite will boost telecommunications and DTH broadcasting.
· Communication satellite of India, built by ISRO
· It carries 30 communication transponders — 12 in Ku-band, 12 in C-band and 6 in extended C-band.
· It has design life of 15 years, built at a cost of Rs.750 crore.
· It will enhance telecommunication, Direct-To-Home and radio navigation services.
· It is the second satellite in INSAT/GSAT constellation with GAGAN payload after GSAT-8.