GK & Current Affairs: September 29, 30, 2014
1. What efforts have been made by Government recently in context with the 'Make in India' campaign?
1. All central government services are being integrated with an e-Biz single window online portal.
2. Security clearances to investment proposals within 3 months by Home Ministry.
3. All state governments are been sent an advisory to simplify and rationalise regulatory environmentenvironment
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
[C]Only 1 & 2
[D] 1, 2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
All three are an integral part of the PM's 'Make in India' campaign.
2. Who among the following is NOT the winner of 2014 Nobel Prize for Chemistry?
[B]Stefan W. Hell
[C]William E. Moerner
The winners of Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2014 are Eric Betzig, Stefan W. Hell and William E. Moerner for their work on optical microscopy that has opened up better understanding of molecules.
3. Which of the following schemes has been recently launched by the government for cleanliness and livelihood to Safai karamcharis and Manual Scavengers?
[A]Swachhta Udyami Yojana
[B]Jan Dhan Scheme
[D]Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
Swachhta Udyami Yojana
Swachhta Udyami Yojana-Swachhta Se Sampannta Ki Aur” of National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation, at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi today. The Scheme provides financial assistance to Safai Karamcharis and identified Manual Scavengers for Construction, Operation and Maintenance of community toilets in Public Private Partnership (PPP) Mode and for Purchase of Sanitation related Vehicles.
4. Who has won the Nobel Prize for Physics 2014?
[C]Both A and B
Both A and B
Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano and Shuji Nakamura have won the Nobel Prize for Physics 2014 for developing blue-light emitting diode LED. Latter will now allow developers to produce white-light lamps.
5. India will work along with 4 other nations to build world's biggest telescope on Hawaii island. Which country among the following is not a part of the project?
India, along with Japan, US,Canada and China will work together to build the biggest telescope of the world. The 30-meter telescope will be established near the summit of the Mauna Kea volcano with a cost of $1.4 billion.
6. World's first womb transplant baby was born in __?
The world's first womb transplant baby was born in Sweden to a 36-year old woman. The woman who was suffering from Rokitansky syndrome, where she was born without a womb. She had to undergo a womb transplant into her body to give birth to a child.
7. The 3,000 mile or 4,800 km mass migration of Monarch butterflies in North America is one of the insect world's fantastic feats. According to a recent discovery a gene is responsible for the miraculous flight of the insects. What is the gene related to?
A gene related to collagen is responsible for the miraculous flight of the insects. Collagen, is the main ingredient in connective tissue that was essential for flight muscle function. The gene favoured enhanced flight efficiency.
8. With what sport are the following playersA diverse range of intermediaries and institutional investors active in the capital market. This includes securities firms, broker dealers, commercial banks, merchant banks, unit trust/mutual ..... associated with?
Birendra Lakra, Manpreet Singh, Vikas Pillay.
Birendra Lakra, Manpreet Singh, Vikas Pillay are part of Indian official men's hockey team.
9. Which among the following is / are correct statements with respect to the "New York Declaration of Forests" that was released at the UN Climate Summit in New York recently?
1. It pledges to eliminate deforestation by 2030.
2. It pledges restoration of more than 350 million hectares of forests and croplands
3. It is a legally binding political agreement
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
Only 1 & 2
The New York Declaration of Forests was released at the UN Climate Summit in New York pledged to eliminate deforestation by 2030 and restoration of more than 350 million hectares of forests and croplands. It is not a legally binding political agreement.
10. Which new virus has recently spread in Uganda, claiming one life and thereby compelling the authorities to put 99 people under isolation?
Marburg hemorrhagic fever has been diagnosed in Uganda, 99 people are under isolation in four different locations across the East African country, as field epidemiologists and surveillance officers continue to closely monitor all people who got into contact with only victim.