GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 9, 2013
1. Who among the followings has won Prime Minister Election in Australia?
Tony Abbott’s Australia’s “unelectable” and gaffe-prone political leader, confounded critics by becoming the country’s latest Prime Minister, leading the opposition to a sweeping election victory and ending six years of Labour Party rule.
2. Which of the following cities has won the bidAn offer of a price to buy as in an auction. Business on the Stock Exchange is done through bids. Bid also refers to the ..... to host the 2020 Olympic Games?
Tokyo was awarded the 2020 Olympics, capitalizing on its reputation as a safe pair of hands and defying concern about the Fukushima nuclear crisis. Tokyo defeated Istanbul 60-36 in the final round of secret voting by the International Olympic Committee.
3. Who among the following appoints Banking OmbudsmanAn independent person appointed to hear and act upon citizen’s complaint about government services. Invented in Sweden, the idea has been widely adopted. For example, ..... in India?
[D]Government of India
The Banking Ombudsman is a person appointed by the Reserve Bank of IndiaThe Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935 in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 with ..... redresses the customer complaints against the banks.
4. A computer virus cannot be contracted by which of the followings?
A hardware scanner inputs data into the computer from a hard copy, it’s impossible for a virus to infect the computer because the text is either made into an image or as plain text.
5. Who among the following has won women's single title in the US Open Tennis Championship 2013?
Top-seeded Serena Williams won her fifth U.S Open championship and 17th Grand Slam title overall by beating No.2 Victoria Azarenka 7-5, 6-7, 6-1 in a windy final.
6. Recently (September, 2013), India has agree to give $1 million to United Nations Relief and Working Agency for providing food and medicines to the refugees of which country?
The Union Government of India gave one more million dollars to the United Nations Relief and Working Agency for providing food and medicines to Palestine refugees.
7. Recently (September, 2013), which Telecom Company pulls off one of biggest deals in corporate history with $130 billion sale?
British mobile phone group Vodafone pulled off one of the biggest deals in corporate history selling its stake in America’s biggest mobile phone business for $130bn.
8. The part of the eye which is transplanted in eye donation is ___?
Only the front transparent portion of the eye, the cornea is transplanted during eye donation.
9. The “Kurdistan Workers PartyThe Kurds live mainly in Turkey, Iran and Iraq and probably number about 25-35 million worldwide. They are the most important ethnic group without a .....”, which is in news recently, is associated with which country?
The Kurdistan Workers Party is a Kurdish organization which from 1984 to 2013 fought an armed struggle against the Turkish state for an autonomous Kurdistan and cultural and political rights for the Kurds in Turkey.
10. Recently (September, 2013), International Olympic Committee has voted to reinstate which of the following games in Olympic 2020?
Wrestling has regained its place on the Olympics sports roster, after the International Olympic Committee, IOC voted for it. Wrestling got 49 out of the 95 votes cast by the IOC members in Buenos Aires in Argentina.