GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 25, 2013
1. Which of the following is called as “Gateway to Tiger Reserves” in India?
Nagpur, Maharashtra’s second capital promoted as the “gateway to tiger reserve” as it is the entry point to 13 of the 39 tiger reserves in the country.
2. In context to India’s defence structure “Helina” is an upgraded version of which missile?
Helina is HELIcopter launched Nag. It is the upgraded version of India’s third generation anti-tank Nag missiles. Nag is a third generation “fire-and-forget” anti-tank missile developed in India. It is one of the five missile systems developed by DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme.
3. With which of the following sports the “Sultan Johor Cup” is related?
4. Recently (September, 2013), India and Nepal armies have come together for a joint military exercise, which focuses on counter-insurgency operations. The exercise is codenamed as____?
India and Nepal armies have come together once again at Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand for a joint military exercise, which focuses on counter-insurgency operations. The exercise codenamed “Surya Kiran” will continue till October 6. In this exercise, which is the fifth edition in the series, an infantry battalion from the Indian army and an equivalent strength from the Nepalese army would share their experiences gained during counter-insurgency operations.
5. Name the top Chinese Politician who has been recently gets life time sentence for corruption and abuse of power?
[A]Tsai Tsong Po
Bo Xilai the former party chief of Chongqing was sentenced to life imprisonment. He was found guilty of bribery, embezzlement and abuse of power.
6. Union government has launched a new skill development scheme “Seekho aur Kamao” for the youth of _____ ?
[C] Minority Communities
The government has launched a new skill development scheme for the youth of minority communities. Seekho aur Kamao (Learn and Earn) scheme in partnership with the private sector will provide training and employment to the youths. Through “Seekho aur Kamao”, the ministry hopes to arm minorities, especially Muslims who suffer from particularly high school dropout and unemployment rates, with vocational skills so that they could make a living on their own.
7. Which of the following Tiger reserves is/are located in Madhya Pradesh?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2 & 3
[B]Only 2, 3 & 4
[C]Only 1, 2 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
Only 1, 2 & 3
Nagarahole tiger reserve is in Karnataka
8. Who among the following has been elected as Chairperson of “International Coffee Council”?
Jawaid Akthar, the chairman of Coffee Board of India, has been elected as the Chairperson of the International Coffee Council.
9. “London Whale” scandal, which is in news recently, is related to which foreign bank?
[B]JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase
London Whale is the nickname for the unsafe and unsound practices made by US’s biggest bank JP Morgan that led to its $6.2bn losses last year.
10. Recently (September, 2013), which of the following has decided to acquire BlackBerry for $4.7 billion?
Struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry has agreed in principle to be bought by a consortium led by Fairfax Financial Holding Ltd. For $4.7 bn.