GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 23, 2013
1. In which of the following places, union government decided to set up an “Information Technology Investment Region”?
Central government has decided to set up an Information Technology Investment Region (ITIR) in Hyderabad. The cabinet committee on economic affairs chaired by Manmohan Singh, approved ITIR near Hyderabad subject to certain conditions. Total investment envisaged for ITIR is about 1.19 lakh crore of which IT/ITES sector could attract 1.18 lakh crore and the Electronic Hardware Manufacturing 1.01 lakh crore.
2. Recently (September, 2013), which country firm has won a 1,900 crore order from India to supply self-protection system for Dhruv, indigenous Advanced Light Helicopter?
Swedish defence firm Saab announced it has won a 1, 900 crore order from India to supply self-protection system for Dhruv, its indigenous Advanced Light Helicopter. The order, worth Swedish Krona 216 million, was placed by Indian Defence Public Sector Undertaking for aerospace systems, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
3. Which of the following states of India are home to Rhino?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 1 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
There are four rhino-bearing states in India viz.Assam, West Bengal, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
4. Who among the followings is the Chairman of the National Commission for Minorities?
[A]K N Daruwall
[B]Tsering Namgyal Shanoo
Wajahat Habibullah is the current Chairman of the National Commission for Minorities.
5. Which of the following movies has been nominated to represent India in the best foreign film category at next Oscar awards?
[B]Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
[D]The Good Road
The Good Road
Gyan Correa’s National award-winning Gujarati film “The Good Road” a lost and found story of a small boy, was nominated to represents India in the best foreign film category at next year’s Oscars. There were 22 entries from different parts of India for consideration this year.
6. World Alzheimer’s Day is observed on_____?
September 21st of each year, is a day on which Alzheimer’s organisations around the world concentrate their efforts on raising awareness about Alzheimer’s and dementia.
7. “Malihabad”, a place in Uttar Pradesh is world renowned for ____?
Malihabad is a town and a nagar panchayat in Lucknow district of Uttar Pradesh. It is the mango belt of North India and is internationally acclaimed for its mangoes.
8. Recently (September, 2013), union government gave its approval for setting up refinery-cum-petrochemical complex in Rajasthan which would be developed by?
The government gave its approval for setting up a Rs 37,299 crore refinery-cum-petrochemical complex by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) in Rajasthan. HPCL will set up the Greenfield project in Barmer district of Rajasthan in a joint venture with the state government. HPCL is to hold up to 74 per cent stake in the project, while the balance will be with Rajasthan government.
9. Which of the followings has been separated by the “Luzon Strait”?
[A]Taiwan and Philippines
[B]China and Japan
[C]Australia and New Zealand
[D]India and Sri Lanka
Taiwan and Philippines
The Luzon strait is the strait between Taiwan and Luzon island of the Philippines. The strait thereby connects the Philippines Sea to the South China Sea in the western Pacific Ocean.
10. Recently (September, 2013), who among the followings has been appointed as first Ambassador for Border Security Force (BSF)?
Indian cricket team’s batting mainstay Virat Kohli has been appointed as the new brand ambassador of the country’s second largest paramilitary force BSF.
Join GKToday's Target 2017 (Prelims) Module with full study material and 27 Mock Tests here