GK & Current Affairs: July 17, 2013
1. Recently, Union Cabinet gave its approval for renaming “Bengaluru International Airport” as___?
[A]Dr Rajkumar Kumar International Airport
[B]Kempegowda International Airport
[C]Karunadu International Airport
[D]Sir M Vishveshwarya International Airport
Kempegowda International Airport
Union cabinet gave its approval for renaming Bengaluru International Airport as “Kempegowda International Airport” to fulfil the long pending demand of the people of Karnataka, as well as the State Government of Karnataka. Hiriya Kempegowda, known as the Kempegowda was a ruler under the Vijayanagar Empire, who ruled most parts of Karnataka during the sixteenth century.
2. As per the latest available data of 2011, the per capita availability of Milk (gms/day) in India is?
As per the latest data of 2011, India’s per capita availability of Milk is 281 gms/day.
3. Polishing process of Rice has adverse effect on which of the following Vitamins?
The milling and polishing processes both remove important nutrients in rice. A diet based on unenriched white rice leaves people vulnerable to the neurological disease beriberi, due to deficiency of thiamine or Vitamin B1.
4. In which of the following places Blue Nile and White Nile form a confluence?
The Nile has two major tributaries, the White Nile and Blue Nile. The two river meets near the Sudanese capital of Khartoum.
5. Recently, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched a nation wide campaign called “Tears you apart” to raise public awareness on which one of the followings?
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India has launched a nation wide National Tobacco Control Campaign called “Tears you apart”. The campaign aims to raise public awareness about the dangers of smokeless tobacco consumed by tens of millions of Indian every day.
6. In which of the following state is the Kuki National Army is active as an insurgent group?
Kuki National Army is a tribal insurgent group fighting for an autonomous administrative council for the minority Christian Kuki Tribe in Manipur.
7. Recently, the Norwegian Centre for Agriculture & Environment has selected which of the following place for project related to direct sowing of paddy to tide over water scarcity problem?
To encourage direct sowing of paddy to tide over adverse climatic conditions, the Norwegian Centre for Agriculture & Environment has selected Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. The new project called, “CLIMAADAPT” is the second project after the district has successfully implemented “CLIMARICE” a project assisted by the Norwegian centre.
8. Recently, Kharchi Festival kick-started in which among the following states?
Kharchi Festival, symbolising communal harmony, started in Tripura with traditional gaiety and gusto. The festival occupies pride of place, as it helps in binding tribal and non-tribal communities. Fourteen deities are worshipped during the weeklong celebrations. (IANS)
9. Which among the following dates has been fixed as Nelson Mandela International Day?
10. The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is a private sector funding arm associated with which of the following?
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an international financial institution which offers investment, advisory and assessment management service to encourage private sector development in developing countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and it headquartered in Washington D C.
Join GKToday's Target 2017 (Prelims) Module with full study material and 27 Mock Tests here