GK & Current Affairs: August 5, 6, 2014
1. Which among the following states has highest number universities in India?
Tamil Nadu has the maximum 59 universities in the country.
2. The “Zabriskie Plateau” an area of hazardous sharp rocks is located on ____?
3. Pran Kumar Sharma, who passed away recently, was a popular ____?
Pran Kumar Sharma was a India’s most successful cartoonist. He was the man behind the famous comic series Chacha Chaudhury. His other famous characters included cartoons like Sabu, Shrimatiji Pinki, Billoo, Raman and many more.
4. Recently, the Rosetta spacecraft made history as it became the first probe to rendezvous with a comet on its journey around the sun. Rosetta spacecraft was launched by ____?
[B]Russian Space Agency
[C]European Space Agency
European Space Agency
Rosetta is a robotic space probe built and launched by the European Space Agency to perform a detailed study of comet 67P/Churymov-Gerasimenko. On 6 August 2014 it entered into orbit, becoming the first manmade spacecraft to orbit a comet.
5. The Yazidi community, which is in news recently, living primarily in which of the following countries?
The Yazidi are a Kurdish and Arabic-speaking ethno-religious community live primarily in the Nineveh Provenance of northern Iraq.
6. As per the constitution, if a member is absent from either house of parliament for a period of ___ days then the seat is considered to vacant. Fill the blank with correct option?
As per article 104 of the constitution, if a if a member is absent from either house of parliament for a period of 60 days then the seat is considered to vacant.
7. Who among the following has been awarded the “Business Leader of the Year” award by the All India Management Association (AIMA)?
[B]S S Badrinath
Godrej group chairman Adi Godrej was presented the “Business Leader of the Year” award by the All India Management Association at its managing India award 2014.
8. According to latest energy efficiency ranking, which among the following countries has been ranked no.1 in energy efficiency?
Germany is the global leader in energy efficiency while India has been placed at number 11 in the latest energy efficiency ranking of the world’s 16 largest economies.
9. The Union government has recently launched a new scheme” Padho Pardesh” to provide interest subsidy on educational loans for overseas studies for student belongs to ____?
[B]North Eastern States
Union government has launched a new scheme “Padho Pardesh” to provide interest subsidy on education loans for overseas studies for student belongs to minority communities. Under this scheme, 100% interest subsidy will be provided on the interest payable on the education loan availed for the period of moratorium, which includes the course period plus one year or six months after getting the job, whichever is earlier.
10. Maritime Energy Heli Air Services (MEHAIR), a pioneer of Seaplane operations in the country which has been operating in ___?
[C]Andaman and Nicobar
Andaman and Nicobar
Maritime Energy Heli Air Services (MEHAIR) has pioneered the launch of seaplane services in India since January, 2011 in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands for the last three years.