Quiz 57 : GK Geography Basic Questions
1. On which among the following dates Earth may be on Perihelion (Closest to Sun)?
2. What is the amount in percentage of total mass , which Sun comprises of the solar system?
3. What is the amount of Iron in Earth (percentage in total mass)?
4. Phobes and Deimos are two satellites of which planet?
5. Who was the first to observe Saturn with a telescope?
[D]David H. Levy
6. Which planet is known as " Bright Wandering Star" ?
7. Which among the following starts represent the Morning and Evening Stars?
8. The time required by earth in 360 degree rotation to make a star return to the same position is called …………day?
9. What is the " Sidereal Month " in Hours , Minutes and Seconds?
[A]27 days, 7 hours and 11.6 seconds
[B]27 days, 8 hours and 11.6 seconds
[C]27 days, 9 hours and 11.6 seconds
[D]27 days, 11 hours and 11.6 seconds
10. On Summer Solstice, Sun's rays fall perpendicular on which among the following circles?
[A]Tropic of Capricorn
[C]Tropic of Cancer
[D]None of them
11. Consider the following statements about the Prime Meridian
1. Passes through the Royal Observatory, Greenwich
2. Its Latitude is 180°
3. Generally known as International Date Line
Which among the above is / are correct?
[B]1 & 2
[C]1 2 & 3
[D]1 & 3
12. Which elements are found mostly in Lithosphere?
[A]Aluminium & Silicon
[B]Aluminium & Iron
[C]Magnesium and Silicon
[D]Silicon & Iron
13. Mars appears red because of presence of the following compounds on its surface?
14. Which among the following molecule is rarely found in universe but abundant on earth?
15. Anatolia is a part of which among the following ?